Friday, September 14, 2012
OK, I'm confessing, this challenge was just not my thing. I just am not excited about this tile. I liked the concept I came up with but the final tile leaves me feeling 'meh'. The one benefit to this tile is that I can use it as a teaching tool as I did enjoy figuring out which tangles I could use to 'break free' of the original grid.
I used a 5" square that I used when I was tangling with seniors. I laid a regular tile slightly askew to get the dimensions, removed it, and then figured out drawing a frame as I would normally do. Inside my frame I drew a basic grid and then tangled away with tangles that would fit a grid. I then 'broke free' with other types of tangles.