Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Kuke Salad


'Kuke' is the new tangle pattern that is featured in this tile. Katy Abbot, CZT came up with the name and posted the step outs here. She was inspired by cucumbers. It's a fun little tangle that also reminds me a lot of the beads that can be made with the colored polymer clays.

I decided to go all the way with the cucumber theme. I chose a colored tile that had a fresh, green feel and added other tangles that reminded me of a fresh, cold salad on a hot summer day. We actually hit 91 degrees yesterday so it felt very appropriate. I used a green Micron pen and shaded with two green Prismacolor colored pencils.

My trees are blooming again in my front yard. I have absolutely no green thumb so I'm thankful that they survive on their own! I had to take some pictures to share with you.






9 comments:

  1. Your tile is refreshing and lovely looking. Great colors of green. Also your trees are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe a Jello salad? Whatever, love the greens (and your wonderful trees).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Kuke is beautiful Sue and so are your trees!!!
    Here (in Holland) the blossom is almost gone because of wind and rain the last days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the green background very much. It's a beautiful color and it fits perfectly for Kuke.

    And the trees are just magical. I'd love to have those in front of the house I live in!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tile. Like the green theme and your Kuke looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely love the color on your tile. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, stunning trees and your home is beautiful! Love your tile - it makes me think that a cucumber salad for lunch might just be the thing today! Did you make your own green tile or is there a set of colored tiles for sale somewhere? Love that shade of green!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really pretty tile and great coloring! I like your blog, too! It's fun too learn a little more about our Zentangle friends. Your tree is quite beautiful. :)

    Be happy & creative,

    Jacque S.
    www.tanglebright.com

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always welcome and most appreciated. Please email me if you want a response sent to you.

I regret that I've had to add the verification again due to a large amount of spam.