Thursday, October 15, 2015

Gemini Munchin


The car saga has come to an end. We made it home safely. We will still follow up with the Ford dealer and see if they will reimburse us for expenses - (since I had them inspect the car for any problems two weeks before we left). So after a day of doing absolutely nothing, I'm back to my tangling.

The Diva linked us to the video that Molly Hollibaugh made for the tangle pattern Munchin. I haven't used that tangle too much and I don't know why. It's actually easy and fun to do.

Since this tangle begins with random dots that remind me of the night sky, I decided to use dots that were not quite random. My dots represent the Gemini constellation. I googled it and found multiple images to inspire me. (See below) From there I used my gelly roll pen, the white graphite pencil and the Zenstone around the edges.


11 comments:

  1. How funny, I just told someone else their tile looked like a star sign and here's the real thing. I love the way you have used it as you string and the finished effect is great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clever, Sue. I thought a lot of the pieces submitted had a constellation look to them, and here you thought of doing it for real! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sue, I just love this interpretation. How fun would it be to do a series with all the zodiac constellations and mount them in a round frame? Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The zentone around the edge is very ethereal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fantastic idea!!! And the result is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful tile! I really like your lovely idea for this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is really so beautiful :-) I like your idea for the challenge and your result is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a neat creative idea as a way to start this challenge! It is a beautiful tile!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always welcome and most appreciated. Please email me if you want a response sent to you.

I regret that I've had to add the verification again due to a large amount of spam.