Monday, April 4, 2016

Fassett


Fassett by Lynn Mead is the featured tangle this week. It's a tangle that appears to be tricky but is really easy when you get to the step outs. There are several ways you can add variations to this tangle. I used it as my border tangle here. I did it on a Renaissance tile so I could play with two colors of pens and use both shading and highlights. 


The weather here in Illinois has been bizarre. My daffodils have started to come up and I think it will be glorious once they are all in bloom. But then, on April 2, we had snow again. NOOOOO! I'm done with winter! Yesterday we had a high of 65 - today it's in the 30's again. I can't wait for the weather to make up its mind!

15 comments:

  1. We're also having some of that whiplash weather, but no snow---just a wild thunderstorm with 60 MPH winds and hail and now its cold again. I'm glad I hadn't definitely put my winter coat away. You're right, Fasset looks very elegant on a Renaissance tile. Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the way you have surround flux with your Fassetts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As always, Sue, this is just perfect! You are incredibly neat and elegant in everything you do. Axxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Renaissance tile! It's so exquisitely drawn. I envy your steady hand;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful tile. And I am having the opposite weather. It is warm. Again! And I am so not ready for summer. We barely had any winter! If only we could average out our weather patterns maybe we would both be happy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. There is a definitive show of concentration but confidence in this tile. You made it look beautiful and easy. Even though we all know it must have been a wrestling match bending it where you wanted it to go. Or I could just be rattling on... :). Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really lovely!!! Hope spring will decide to come your way ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Fassett and I adore the way you presented it here Sue!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful tile Sue, and I am with you, the weather ups and downs are driving me crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great idea to use Fassett as a border. Why didn't I think of that?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Like it as a border. Like the Flux, tipple inside.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the border too…amazing.
    And you weather is NOT appetizing at all. (I am in Central Florida and plan to stay put awhile yet.)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always welcome and most appreciated. Please email me if you want a response sent to you.

I regret that I've had to add the verification again due to a large amount of spam.