Monday, January 24, 2011

The King's Speech

This past weekend I took my 17 year old son to see 'The King's Speech'. It is a very well done movie. I expect it to be getting more awards at the Oscars. It was also a movie that my son could enjoy with me. There were no sex scenes or violence. It recieved an 'R' only because of some language (appropriate for the scene in my opinion). It also was interesting because of the history that it portrayed. I enjoy understanding history in a new way.

Of special interest to me as an artist, was the architecture.  Many scenes were shot in the palaces and historic buildings. (And if they weren't, they were amazing sets.) I was constantly looking at the intricately carved woodwork that was everywhere. I kept seeing tangle patterns!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome and most appreciated. Please email me if you want a response sent to you.

I regret that I've had to add the verification again due to a large amount of spam.