Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Bumps tangle pattern


Click on the picture to enlarge it for its details

Bumps is a pattern I've played with for years. I finally decided it was time to refine it and name it. When I draw it, it reminds me of a camel's humps. But naming it 'humps' might have had repercussions from my teenage son. So Bumps it is. Yesterday's ZIA used it in the right burst.

Bumps is a great filler pattern that can be used in many spaces. I've drawn it into two different shapes so you can see its versatility. Bumps uses many similar shapes to achieve its pattern so look at the bottom to see the variety of shapes you can use.

Whether you start in the middle or in a corner, each shape builds on the one beneath it. And each shape will have one, two, or three humps on top. Draw each shape large enough that you can put a small shape inside. (Or draw the small shape first and then do the aura.)

Have fun with Bumps!

NOTE - I have a new update for the bumps tangle - visit my blog for the Jan 8, 2014 entry - or follow this link http://suejacobs.blogspot.com/2014/01/bumps-revisited.html.


6 comments:

  1. Oooh, I like that. This is going to be fun to play with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, can't wait to play with it. How fun, love the curves and floral feel and how it can grow so organically.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the look of this on Tangle Pattern but the example is so small I can't make it out on this sight. Could you draw a larger example next time. I'm sure it must be lovely and versatile

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try clicking on the picture and it will open up larger in a new window.

      Delete
  4. I just want to let you know that opening it up in a larger window helps a little bit. The detail is still so small that I had to copy and paste it and then stretch it and even then it was hard to see.

    I put it in microsoft word and it just would not get big enough to really see it comfortably. Is there a possible way to make it bigger please?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree. It is very, very small and hard to see - even in the enlarged picture. Microsoft word doesn't do any better. Could you please post a larger pattern? It looks very interesting (from what I can see) Getting older doesn't help my vision any. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always welcome and most appreciated. Please email me if you want a response sent to you.

I regret that I've had to add the verification again due to a large amount of spam.