Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Peonies make me happy




Every summer my Peonies bloom during the week between my son's birthday and my birthday. Then they are done, but oh how I love them. They are my special birthday present.

They are even more special because the plants that they came from were first planted at my husband's parent's home in Michigan. When they moved to Illinois the brought some roots with them to their new home. And when they knew it was time to move from their big home they invited us to bring the roots to our home. They are gone now, but the plants still bring a smile to my face every year.

So when I saw that I had a truly vibrant pink in my markers I knew I wanted to create a simple zendala related to my peonies. Happy and fun.

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful tangle...and gorgeous blooms!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You captured the Peonies so beautifully on your zendala! I have two Peonies plants, one pink and one white and just love the blooms. They were one of my mom's favorite plants too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful Zendala, and a beautiful story!
    And .... thanks for learning me the name in English. I have white ones in my garden and love them too. Also here in Holland the flowering is just over.

    Annemarie Huijts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous! Colurs are wonderful, the pink against the blue really works. Its delicate but really out there! Thanks for the phots. I must get some peonies in my garden.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very, very nice. I love Peonies too! your zendala is awesome! love 'n greetz, Ellen

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always welcome and most appreciated. Please email me if you want a response sent to you.

I regret that I've had to add the verification again due to a large amount of spam.