Thursday, August 4, 2016

Knightstar two ways


Knightstar is the featured tangle this week. It is a fascinating tangle from Daniel Lamothe. You can find video instructions by clicking here.

I wasn't sure about it when I first tried it but quickly got sucked into it. Like many tangles there are several ways to do it - to make tangleations - so I ended up doing two tiles.



Like classic Knightsbridge, I used the checkerboard method to fill it in.



In this version I added additional lines.


This shows an early stage before the details and shading.


Finally, the string that I started with.


10 comments:

  1. Wow, this really shows how different it can look with fills, shading, and even background! Thanks for showing the string, and sharing your process. I love these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great! Thanks for sharing your process. I had a hard time with this, getting it to look clean. You've inspired me to go back and give another shot. I love the filled version-it makes me think of jester pillows-whatever that is:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find them both very pretty and drawn so well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to see both tiles without and with shading. You made them very personal!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun tiles! You've done a great job on both of them

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful to see how this tangle can be played with, Sue. Both tiles are great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what fun! that first one reminds me of a court jester's hat, and the second one is like an alien space station, out in space. I love that you added more lines. It seems like a very fun thing to do with this tangle.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful! Love them all! Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always welcome and most appreciated. Please email me if you want a response sent to you.

I regret that I've had to add the verification again due to a large amount of spam.