Thursday, August 18, 2016

Olympic rings



Have you been watching the Olympics too? I love the wide variety of sports that we normally never get to see. Diving, rowing, synchronized swimming, badminton, and even trampoline were fun to watch along with the other bigger sports.

As I was playing with the tangle,  quandary, I noticed the circle shapes that the pattern makes as you work it. I decided to work it a little more carefully and then find the Olympic rings within the tangle. Quandary is a tangle that is usually a little more challenging to me but I'm happy with the way this came out.



I realized too, that I had done a tile using the rings once before - back in 2012 during the last summer Olympics. I thought I'd add the picture here for comparison. I bumped up the shading some since I was less confidant in shading back them. 

10 comments:

  1. Both are great, love to see past and present. Always beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice seeing the past and present. I love the new one. The rings seem to be floating. Clever of you to find them in your monotangle. (Somehow I managed to get my rings upside down. Doh!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to see the 'old' one too. I like what you did and the background is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite is the first one, beautiful and drawn so carefully, and yes interesting to find those circles in the pattern. Your old one is nice too with so many different tangles!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice! I love both of them. The shading on your recent tile is really great;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like both of your tiles and like how your colored rings stand out on your first. Nice selection of tangles on your second one. 😀

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's beautifully done, it must be fun to look back at your old work. I haven't been doing that long enough yet lol!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both are wonderful! Especially I like the first one. Quandary with the olympic rings is so great!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always welcome and most appreciated. Please email me if you want a response sent to you.

I regret that I've had to add the verification again due to a large amount of spam.