Friday, July 6, 2018

string pull tangles


I recently learned about creating art by doing a string pull. If you've never tried it, it's fun. I tried this with a couple of friends and we had a blast. There are videos that show how it's done but simply: dunk a piece of string in ink, lay it carefully (and artfully) onto a sheet of paper, cover with another sheet of paper, hold down, and pull the string out.

This shows the piece I did in it's before state and below is the after. I took a few liberties with the shape but following the Zentangle method, I used my 'string' as inspiration and went with it.


I used a brown pen for the tangles and though the color looks different in the picture above, I think it's just due to taking the pictures at different times of day.


This isn't the best picture but it shows you a few of the other string pulls we did that day. We experimented with different types of string, different degrees of wetness of the ink, and different inks.

1 comment:

  1. I love the addition of zentangles with the spring art!!!! Fantastic!!!
    I did this technique on fabric; fused the back of the fabric, cut out the string art and will be fusing to my quilted background! You can see a piece I am working on here: http://robbiespawprints.blogspot.com/2018/06/progress-on-nemo.html

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always welcome and most appreciated. Please email me if you want a response sent to you.

I regret that I've had to add the verification again due to a large amount of spam.