Wednesday, August 15, 2018

CRA CRA tangle pattern



CRA CRA in the background

CRA CRA on a zendala

CRA CRA is a new tangle pattern that I spotted in the background of an ad on TV. I found myself freezing the TV and getting my sketchpad out so I could deconstruct it. It looks pretty complicated but it wasn't too hard to break down. 


In the step outs above I started with a simple stylized V shape. It's important to keep the V shapes close together and I put two pencil dots in the first step to indicate that. Once you've done it a few times you don't need those dots at all. Repeat the V shapes twice below the first. Next start the V shapes but bring them down to meet the V shape below. Repeat so you have 4 lines. Then shade as desired. Look at the bottom of this post for an alternate way to draw this. 

This tangle pattern has some similarities to other tangle patterns - I would say that Y-not is more or less a cousin to this tangle. You may see other tangles that belong to the same family. Please let me know so I can add them.

No automatic alt text available.

This is an alternate way to draw the tangle that was drawn by Lynn Shelton Mead. THANKS Lynn! Try it out to see what works best for you. Just be sure to eave yourself enough room for the lines in between.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely tangle Sue. One I'll need to practice a bit to manage elegantly. So much potential to vary its look too.

    I nods to Helen Williams Y-knot too but only vaguely!

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great tangle, Sue. It reminds me of my own "Y-Ful Power." What was the TV ad you saw it on? I'd like to look out for it!

    Shoshi

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always welcome and most appreciated. Please email me if you want a response sent to you.

I regret that I've had to add the verification again due to a large amount of spam.