Thursday, February 3, 2011

Snowday at our house

3 1/2" x 3 1/2"

It's COLD where I am today. It's in the single digits with wind chills below zero. The kids are home from school for the second day.

I was thinking about doing something snowflake related but ended up with lace instead. It's a good example of showing something by putting something behind it - in this case, the shadows. When I get to the shadows, it's often my favorite part, so you can see I enjoyed myself here!

Stay warm everybody!

3 comments:

  1. Shading the negative space makes a beautiful effect! The lacy snowflake just pops up. Love it!
    (The shading-phase is my favorite too ;-) .)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this tangle and the shading does make it!
    Whe I first saw this on your Flickr site I thought if was done on vellum or plastic, nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great design ! thanks to the cool shadowing it look like a decoupage snowflake!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always welcome and most appreciated. Please email me if you want a response sent to you.

I regret that I've had to add the verification again due to a large amount of spam.