Friday, August 10, 2012

Sepia Brayd


The Diva has asked us to use a tangle called Brayd in our work this week. Brayd is a lovely tangle from Michele Beauchamp CZT. I've admired Brayd before but hadn't used it yet. I think that when I did it this week, the things I enjoyed the most were the sparkles and the opportunities for shading. I love how it becomes three dimensional with the shading and sparkles.  I also used one of Sandy Steen Bartholomew's tangles - 'Skeen' behind Brayd.

The pen used is a colored Micron Pigma pen and colored pencils were used for shading.



15 comments:

  1. You did a great job with Brayd. Skeen goes very well with it.

    Annemarie Huijts

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely. Your shading is superb!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very lovely - such a fantastic shading job. I have the most trouble getting that part right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely! THe background tangle goes so well!

      Delete
  4. I love the look of the sepia micron, it Skeen is a great accompaniment for Brayd. Beautiful job. I've got to get some sepia pens!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Love your choice of patterns as they work so well together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gentile zentangle, very neat and friendly! It is full of harmony.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely and clear. The patterns fit together well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your tiles always speak wonders of beauty to me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I love this one. So beautifully flowing. Skeen is perfect as the background. I now have to try that tangle.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great combination, love all the highlights!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful work Sue. Your art always inspires me with new ideas and I enjoy your creativity. Thanks for skeen, I havent seen it before.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really like that the open spaces on your brayd are a bit wider than I did mine....need to try that too! Cool tangle!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really great combination of tangles. I did not know that Brayd was supposed to have the broken lines. It really adds a lot. The Have never seen Skeen before either! Very nice, Sue.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always welcome and most appreciated. Please email me if you want a response sent to you.