Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Tangle pattern O-H

click picture to enlarge


When I went with my son to his college orientation I saw a pattern in the fabric of the chair I was sitting on. I thought it would be interesting in a tile. I needed to play around with it a bit but found I was happy with the way it came out. In case you missed my previous post - my son will be attending The Ohio State University. Their cheer begins with O-H!

Steps to do O-H
- Use a pen or marker that will draw a fat line. I used a Sakura Graphic #1. Draw a large script O and then add loops or figure 8s. Don't get too crazy with your line work.
- For the second step use a pen with a smaller nib. I used the standard Sakura Micron Pigma pen 01.  Draw script Os, figure 8s and loops. Try to put your lines into the blank areas between your first set if lines. 
- On both steps feel free to let your lines appear to go out of the section and then come back in again. (think of a figure 8 with the top loop missing a bit.)
- shade as desired.





Tile incorporating O-H


Chair back that inspired this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome and most appreciated. Please email me if you want a response sent to you.

I regret that I've had to add the verification again due to a large amount of spam.