Friday, June 21, 2013

Hurry Holli ! tangleation


The Diva challenge this week asked us to do something without using a tangle pattern that we already knew. We were asked to create something of our own. I found this to be a real challenge. I didn't know what to do. So I played around with different things. I scribbled on scraps of paper. Finally I decided to do something with my own tangleation of two tangle patterns.

I've named this Hurry Holli as it was inspired by Hurry and Hollibaugh.

click on picture to enlarge

Start with an orb - or a circle drawn with a pencil. You can use a template if you like. 
-Draw four lines that curve across the middle - mimicking the shape of the circle. 
-As in Hollibaugh, draw additional curved lines that go behind the first lines. Don't worry about copying my example.
-Continue drawing sets of curved lines until most of the area is covered. You can drop down to sets of three lines when you want.
-Add short lines in sets of three or four to fill in any empty areas.
-Shade the orb as shown (or whatever way you prefer!) In the step-out above, the left side has only the initial pencil shading while the right side has been blended.

7 comments:

  1. Super idea! Thank you for sharing it! I like your end result.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! I'll be trying out this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like fun, sue! i'm going to have to try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great - I imagine it would work with any shape - tfs :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your answer to the challenge is beautiful. Thanks for sharing your tangle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this new tangle. Can't wait to use it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for creating this tangleation and for sharing! I just drew it in my book of tangles and it looks great. I did the shading and blended gently.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always welcome and most appreciated. Please email me if you want a response sent to you.

I regret that I've had to add the verification again due to a large amount of spam.