Thursday, July 31, 2014

S - J


This doutangle challenge asked us to use only two tangles and those two tangles were to be tangles that started with our initials. There are so may wonderful tangles that start with the letter S that it was hard to choose only one. Finally I decided on the beautiful pattern, Scrolled Feather from Helen Williams. In the background I drew Japan Diamond for J.

I used one of my hand colored tiles (for sale in my 'store'). I used two different white pens as one gave a much thicker line than the other. I liked how the thinner lines pushed the Japan Diamond even more into the background. Colored pencils were used for shading and also highlighting.

9 comments:

  1. That is Really beautiful, Sue! You've inspired me to get out my hand colored tiles to work on this afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful with the purple. I like the layered look you achieved as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Using the two different sized pens really worked for this tile. The white is stunning on the purples of your tile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not a purple kinda gal, but you've made it really sing here - lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your choice of patterns and how you made the one recede into the background with thinner lines. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two of my favourite tangles and I love the purple tile. Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful tile. I like your Scroll Feather. I remember it well as it was published just before I attended CZT training in Providence. Japan Diamond makes a great background.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The white is gorgeous on the purple tile! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely beautiful! I like the white on the purple background!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always welcome and most appreciated. Please email me if you want a response sent to you.

I regret that I've had to add the verification again due to a large amount of spam.