Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Organic fun


This was the classroom I walked into at McHenry County college last night. When I teach there I never know which classroom I'll be in so it's always an adventure, but this was a real surprise. And it was sooo perfect for the class I was teaching on organic tangles. We had a group of  four. Keep scrolling down to see what they did!


All we had to do was look around the room for inspiration.

This collection of dried materials had all sorts of textures to feast our eyes on.

The greenery tower had tangle patterns in the leaf shapes.



And wow - the cards that they were working on are beautiful! Thanks ladies!

2 comments:

  1. What an interesting post, Sue, and I love the resulting cards, especially the ones which give the impression that one is looking up through the foliage. Beautiful. Amazing how many tangle patterns have an organic feel to them.

    Thank you so much for your lovely comment, and I am glad you appreciated the details about my experience. Knowledge is power, and what we know has less power to frighten us! A lot of people with very little medical knowledge are made extremely anxious by everything that is done to them in hospital, and the anxiety is not conducive to a speedy recovery. I am still feeling very rocky emotionally, and physically absolutely wiped out (exacerbated no doubt by my existing M.E.) but I am hoping to feel more back to normal tomorrow. Today I'm resting and appreciating all the lovely messages of support that I am receiving from friends near and far.

    Shoshi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what an inspiring place and great students!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always welcome and most appreciated. Please email me if you want a response sent to you.

I regret that I've had to add the verification again due to a large amount of spam.