Tuesday, October 3, 2017

I'm soooo angry!


I really needed to tangle yesterday. I was so mad I couldn't see straight. I saw the challenge to use the tangle 'tint'. I had a few ideas about imaginative ways to use it but I ended up just repeating the basic tangle over and over again. It was as if I couldn't get past my anger. I hope that I can find a way to live with my anger.

The tragedy in Las Vegas is so sad. BUT IS WAS AVOIDABLE! Who do I blame? Congress and the NRA. They both share the blame for refusing to consider reasonable gun legislation. It is because of their inaction that the terrorist was able to get his hands on high-powered automatic weapons that have NO real reason for being, except to kill. The terrorist couldn't have shot so many people from so far away without the automatic weapons. I'm not talking about taking guns away from law abiding citizens. I'm talking about regulating guns in the same way we regulate cars. There have been numerous posts about the way to do this. Please watch this video from President Obama  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSEoVkl0W30

I've tried very hard not to express my political opinions on this blog. I imagine I may get some pushback from some people reading this post. I'm sorry if I offended you on a personal level. But No, I'm really not sorry. If you agree with the position of the NRA, PLEASE, GO F**K YOURSELF! Because I hold YOU responsible for all these deaths too.

9 comments:

  1. I don't understand why automatic guns that are only made for killing people are legal, how the Congress and NRA can keep supporting such stupid legislation is beyond me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't live in the USA, but all my sympathy with you. And I totally agree with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely agree with you Sue! I was so upset it took me time to be able to even do this tangle. That and how Puerto Rico is being treated. :-( Well, we will go on. By the way, I really like your tile of Tint. It turned out so pretty. I'm glad you could do something so nice with that anger.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sue, I am truly sorry you feel that way. I am baffled by your comment that all persons who support the NRA should GFT. The problem with any legislation is that old adage of a foot in the door. It is only one more step to stripping the law abiding populace of their constitutional right to bear arms and protect themselves. I have enjoyed seeing your tangles and your blog up to this point. I maintain that "guns do not kill people, people kill people using guns". But if you really look at the total stats of gun deaths opposed to all other deaths by any other means it is minimal. The media loves to blow all things out of proportion to further the liberal agenda. I am not saying that this is not a tragedy, it is. However, the person responsible for this heinous act would have found a way to do the job no matter if the gun was legal or not. No law abiding citizen would have done this. Those who break the law are not concerned with any law that is out there. Blaming the NRA or any other agency does not solve the problem. Bring back proper discipline for children, teach them to respect ALL life and that the reason for an informed and armed population is to keep the government in check.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for responding. I've read your comment carefully and yes, I still feel that The NRA is a HUGE part of the problem. And if you support them blindly - well then yes, you are part of the problem. Regarding your comment that guns don't kill people, people kill people using guns - well, if that's true, Nuclear weapons don't kill people, people do - so by that logic, why not let North Korea have as many nukes as they want?

      If the shooter didn't have such easy access to bump stock, he would't have been able to shoot people like fish in a barrel. Guns today bear no resemblance to the guns our forefathers knew when the second amendment was written.

      It's way past time to enact common sense legislation. It's time to tell the NRA to GO F**K itself - their time of unbridled influence on our laws is OVER!

      Delete
  5. I already gave my comment on FB. Do agree with your comment above.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your tile and can understand your anger about what happened. Sometimes I think I have stepped back to far from things to not be overwhelmed with what I deal with on a daily basis. Any time that you get the out-liers on any topic it seems to make it hard to reach reasonable solutions. I think there are multi-facets to this issue, including gun control and the way we treat mental illness. Hope you find your way through your anger. It is an emotion we all feel, but it can be so destructive.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always welcome and most appreciated. Please email me if you want a response sent to you.

I regret that I've had to add the verification again due to a large amount of spam.