Thursday, October 12, 2017

Striping






The challenge this week was to use the tangle 'striping' as a monotangle. I love using this tangle but usually I've used it in random ways, as fillers within abstract strings. I wanted to try something different so I started thinking about using zendalas as a string. So these pieces are more orderly, and more calming to work on.

I used my Stabilo colored pens for the first piece and shaded with colored pencils. The second piece was done on a black Zentangle tile with the Sakura Moonlight gels pens, with a little white chalk highlight added.

10 comments:

  1. Me too, the second one is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looooooooove your Bumblebee-ish Striping tile!!! 💛🖤💛

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! those are both fantastic. I love that second one-outstanding!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are great. Striping can be interesting in black and white, but you made it sing with your use of color and design.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are both great and I agree with the comments above that the second one really is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such contrasting styles. I like the bright color of the first and the dimension in the second.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both are beautiful, but I also like the second one best. Always something to learn from you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both are stunning. The first one would be a great 2-hour class at HOOT. Looks like a ton of fun in the sun!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always welcome and most appreciated. Please email me if you want a response sent to you.

I regret that I've had to add the verification again due to a large amount of spam.