Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Inspired by a coaster


I was at a painting convention last week and as I looked around I kept seeing new inspirations for Zentangles. We stayed at a Hyatt Hotel.One morning as I was brushing my teeth, I looked at the coaster that was under my water glass. At first I thought it was close to the right size for tangling. But as I looked at it more I started thinking about string designs. The coaster had simple circles that overlapped. And more interestingly, none of the circles were completely on the tile. Usually I keep my string moving within the confines of the tile so this idea was a light bulb moment for me. I created a tile with a string using only three circles in the photo above. Obviously you could do more circles and vary the size of the circles too. For this tile I simply used the cardboard from a roll of blue tape. Easy!

1 comment:

Your comments are always welcome and most appreciated. Please email me if you want a response sent to you.

I regret that I've had to add the verification again due to a large amount of spam.