Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Walden Pond and Henry David Thoreau

 The pond from the shore. Very peaceful even with a light wind stirring up the water. Swimming and boating (canoes or kayaks) are allowed too.
 A replica of Henry David Thoreau's cabin. Very tiny and spartan. I tried a bit of tangling there.
 The view from the cabin's site. Woods and the pond beyond.
 Small rocks and notes have been left behind by admirers of Thoreau.
I found a rock with a flat (sortof) surface and added some tangles. I knew there had to be some zentangles left there!

"That man is the richest whose pleasures are the cheapest." and "He enjoys true leisure who has time to improve  his soul's estate."
Henry David Thoreau

1 comment:

  1. Oh, what a peaceful looking place! So glad you took the time to tangle on a rock and to leave it there. Thanks also for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always welcome and most appreciated. Please email me if you want a response sent to you.

I regret that I've had to add the verification again due to a large amount of spam.