Saturday, October 6, 2012

Sankegg challenge


Sankeeg is the latest challenge given to us by 'The Diva'. She asked us to use a pattern designed by Maria Vennekens. The pattern itself was inspired by a super size Psyanky egg that was spotted in Edmonton, Canada. So, when I had a chance to get back to tangling after my trip, I decided that I had to do my tangling on an egg shape! The pattern is tricky to get done evenly and I'm sure you will notice I had a couple of shaky areas on the red egg. The white Gelly Roll pen from Sakura was perfect but I needed to do my design a little larger as the line is not as fine as the Micron pens. I highlighted the red egg with a chalk pencil and shaded the blue egg with a blue colored pencil. I think these will also work well as ornaments.

I have a special love for Pysanky. I learned it by chance from a friend back in college and have enjoyed working on this beautiful craft each spring. The picture below is of two of my favorite eggs.



3 comments:

  1. You did a great jog with both of them Sue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, the white on color really shines. The eggs are wonderful, such detail!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always welcome and most appreciated. Please email me if you want a response sent to you.

I regret that I've had to add the verification again due to a large amount of spam.