Friday, October 26, 2012

Stripes - Diva challenge




I saw this idea from another certified zentangle teacher and knew I had to try it myself. Then I realized that it actually fit into the Diva's challenge of 'stripes'. This little tangled pumpkin is made with strips of 1" paper that certainly look like stripes to me! Then I had leftover strips from the first one and cut a few smaller black strips to do a second.

Making the pumpkin is simple enough. The instructions call for a brad to fasten the strips together but since I didn't have any on hand I made a gold pipe cleaner work instead. Basic instructions are found here. http://rubberstamping.about.com/od/halloween/ss/PaperPumpkin.htm


7 comments:

  1. How cute! The sparkly pipe cleaner is a nice touch. I saw something similar for Christmas ornaments. I wonder if we could figure out a nice fat Thanksgiving turkey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so innovative!! great to see another way to use our tangles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! - the gold pipe cleaner is a perfect "stem"

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are so cute! i love it :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always welcome and most appreciated. Please email me if you want a response sent to you.

I regret that I've had to add the verification again due to a large amount of spam.