Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Autumn colors

I love the colors of the leaves as they change in the fall. So I did a few tiles with watercolor backgrounds using yellows and browns. You will be seeing them all in the near future. On this tile I used a colored Sakura Micron Pigma Pen.The shading is all done with a Faber-Castell Aquarelle pencil. This was the first time I've tried thid colored pencil and it was a joy to work with.

I used the Zentangle principal of 'drawing behind'. As you can see, the one whole leave is drawn first and then each subsequent leave is set behind another. A bit tricky to draw, but the shading brings it all out and is my favorite part.

I tried to give just the vague impression of veins in the leaves by using a light shading in the negative spaces between the veins.

3 comments:

  1. Lovely! Nice hints of details in the leaves.
    --Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great technique!! I love fall colors and designs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is great leaves...I can feel the crisp in the air! nice techniques! thanks

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always welcome and most appreciated. Please email me if you want a response sent to you.

I regret that I've had to add the verification again due to a large amount of spam.