Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Tangle within a tangle

Last night I was watching TV and thinking about how I wanted to approach the newest challenge from the Diva. Weekly Challenge #44. "String Theory v. VI: Tangled on the inside"
I was flipping back and forth between 'Dancing with the Stars' and 'The Sing Off'. So since the music was on my mind I decide to play with the pattern Muzic by Casey Poirer. This pattern is in the Totally Tangled Book from Sandy Batholomew.

The challenge is to use one tangle (in my case Muzic) and to tangle within it - ie. using the tangle as your string. As you can see I used tangle patterns that look darker and fill up more spaces for the dark keys and lighter patterns for the white keys. A little shading - and I'm happy.

12 comments:

  1. Like your pattern. I too referred to Totally Tangled this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tile is alive with music and happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sue, your tangle design is very interesting. I love the flow... mysterious. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! It makes me want to spin in circles like when I was little haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty and love the 3D effect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do believe your tile is dancing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can see the keys playing, what a fun piece!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun Sue, makes me feel like tapping my toes and humming a tune! I'm going to have to revisit Totally Tangled and check out Muzic! Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just glorious! I love the dimension and the curves, and all the tangles you picked are just right. Yahoo!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the tile and the story behind it. Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your tile! I like 'muzic' and music! My mom showed me how to draw 'muzic' but she didn't tell me the name of the pattern or who came up with it. Thank you! I like knowing the names of the patterns I'm drawing and who designed them.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always welcome and most appreciated. Please email me if you want a response sent to you.

I regret that I've had to add the verification again due to a large amount of spam.