I'm trying out the tangle 'Beamz' for the diva challenge this week. I wasn't sure how I wanted to approach this at first and then, in the middle of the night, I came up with the idea of putting one inside of another, inside of another, inside of another, etc. I tried it out using a Identipen on the biggest tangle first, then the finer tip, then moving to a 08 Micron pen, then moving to a 02 pen. At first I thought, 'Meh', it was just so-so, but then I shaded it, and I was much happier.
I thought I would try another one too. I started in the middle of a black circle tile with a white gelly roll pen and worked my way out. I tried to do it regularly but it ended up a little more random. I was thinking about the name 'beamz' and how it sortof reminded me of flashlight beams, so I added a few 'flares' with my soapstone. It's not what I had in my mind when I started, but it's interesting. And in Zentangle we embrace the unintended results! I'll try this tangle out on some other tiles in the future!