Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Life is a Circus


Circus Life - is the challenge this week. I decided to use the tangles LinQ, Tropicana, and Cack. What is especially ironic about this piece is something I talk about in my basic Zentangle classes. I talk about tangleations for basic tangles and demonstrate a few of the options. Then I say, "But pick one of these tangleations because if you use all of them it will start to look like a three ring circus." So as you can see above, I used lots of tangleations - and yes, it looks as busy as a three ring circus!

I think I actually want to use color on this piece too. But I wanted to get it on my blog in black and white first. I promise I'll get it up when it's done!

 My life has been so crazy for the past few weeks that this challenge describes it perfectly. I have been running is so many directions that it's easy for things to fall through the cracks. If I have forgotten to respond to a question or email please forgive me and email me again. 

16 comments:

  1. This is just lovely Sue! The shading is great and I like the composition too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the way you shaded the Tropicana is just amazing! Love it!
    Lee Darter

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the tunnel effect on the Tropicana as well as the various tangleations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tropicana looks totally new, I look forward to seeing your tile coloured

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super! I particularly like the perfect circle of Linqs. Axxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this, Sue! The Linq looks especially playful and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like it Sue, hope you can get some quieter time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very very nice, Sue! And yes, you are right...life is, indeed, a circus.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's funny how life imitates art! But I like how you've used linq here. It is such an active tangle, and putting different patterns inside each motif is lovely. Yet as a whole, it is light and airy. Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely tile! I love the shading in the background and the patterns inside Ling

    ReplyDelete
  11. I particularly appreciate how the tile becomes a metaphor for your life as a three ring circus. The frantic but highly energetic and somehow organized composition captures that feeling very well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a beautiful tile! It meets the challenge so well and it puts me in a happy mood just watching it because it's so lively!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is such a pleasure to see my pattern used. Thank you for this gift at this time in my life. You are a Rock Star! I also love the tunnel effect!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always welcome and most appreciated. Please email me if you want a response sent to you.

I regret that I've had to add the verification again due to a large amount of spam.