Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Quilting with green


Playing with one of my quilting stencils I came up with this zendala. I knew I wanted to try using Margaret Bremner's Tangleation on Shattuck again. See this post for instructions -http://enthusiasticartist.blogspot.com/2012/12/shattuck-variation-with-fan-fill.html

I also wanted to try out some other methods of coloring my zendalas. This time I  pulled out a green Derwent Watercolor Pencil. I laid down the color where I wanted the darkest shade and then used a good brush with clean water to wet the color and pull it out into the rest of the space. I was able to repeat this step a couple of times so I could get the color as intense as I wanted it. I then did my tangles with a green Sakura Micron Pigma pen. A little additional shading with the same watercolor pencil at the end finished it.

3 comments:

  1. So beautiful, as always, Sue. I use watercolor pencils in a lot of other art. I wonder if you could lay down the color over the finished tangles? I don't think the small amount of water would alter the ink...do you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ann, Actually I did it both ways on this tile. I discovered that the color I put down on top of the inked tangles started to cover up my inked lines so I had to go back and redo some of the tangles. I didn't have any problem with the ink bleeding though.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for that Sue. A different way to use watercolour pencils doing background first, I will have to try that.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always welcome and most appreciated. Please email me if you want a response sent to you.

I regret that I've had to add the verification again due to a large amount of spam.