Monday, January 21, 2013

Valentines and class projects


It's not too early to start thinking about Valentine's Day! My card has a red tile cut from card stock tangled with white ink and shaded with red pencil. In my Beyond the Basics class I usually introduce the white gelly roll pen on the black tiles. In this class I changed it to red or pink tiles so we could use them on cards. I taught some of the more complicated patterns this week and though challenging, it was fun. Remember, THERE ARE NO MISTAKES! The students tiles are pictured below.


3 comments:

  1. The shading on your heart is terrific; at first I actually thought it might be a cut-out! The students' tiles are great too. What stencils (?) did you use for the lettering?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Margaret. On my card I used a light box and traced a calligraphy font. One of my students had her own stencil with her and that's what you see below.

      Delete
  2. Love your work and great idea for a class. Your students did a great job, but that is to be expected with a great teacher ;)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always welcome and most appreciated. Please email me if you want a response sent to you.

I regret that I've had to add the verification again due to a large amount of spam.