Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Use Tangle Patterns string #3



It's fun to use strings and just go with it. It's even more fun to me to use mono tangles where I only use one tangle pattern for the whole piece. I find it so relaxing to just keep going.

The first tile uses 'Striping'. As you can see, this is a great tangle to add shading to. 'Paradox' is the tangle in the lower tile and I just changed the colored Micron pen I was working with in each section of the string. I did my shading with colored pencils. I thought it was too heavy though so I (GASP) used an eraser and was left with a very light shading that I was very happy with.

16 comments:

  1. What beautiful monotangles! You're really good at shading. I occasionally use an eraser too. I think as long as you're tangling in pen it's forgivable. ;o) I've gotten a ton of blog spam lately too... I hardly had any and then all of a sudden I was just getting hammered. I get several a day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love. Your striping is perfect. I'm taking it home to my Zentangle file to refer to as the example of how to make sparkles really pop. I must go too fast; mine never look like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Sue, I love your color choices!! and the Striping is perfect!!
    Sue Olsen CZT10

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love, love, love the striping! wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are lovely. I like how Bunzo can look like it has a nib on it, similar to a pen or marker.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So very nice!
    The first one.....WOW !!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very interesting use of mono tangles.

    ReplyDelete
  8. An eraser....??!!!! But I do like the result, so maybe, just maybe (!!!) you were right ;))))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great monotangles. The highlighting on the Bunzo is great and adds a lot. Like the color variety on the second.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your monotangles, beautifully done. Paradox has a whole different feel with color!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I thought the string lent itself perfectly to monotangles and yours are the proof that I was right! They are really textural and fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Two very different effects with monotangles! Love the fullness and shine in the first and the wonderful color in the second

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always welcome and most appreciated. Please email me if you want a response sent to you.

I regret that I've had to add the verification again due to a large amount of spam.