Thursday, May 29, 2014

circle string - black and white


As I teased earlier, I started work on a second zendala with the circle string. I added basic circles in graduating sizes but tangling in just the circles seemed too easy for me - I had to complicate it somehow! So I decided to split the circle in four segments and fill in alternating sections. 

I was tangling it with my friends last night and they told me it looked like an eye chart! It was fun to do this without any shading and just emphasize the graphic nature of it. 

12 comments:

  1. Oh - it's very pleasing graphically. The eye chart comment is hilarious! With the alternating black and white it also has the feel of an optical illusion. And to a tangler like me, it is a reminder of the beauty of simple patterns drawn simply and beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the black and white effect. It really shows how different the various tangles can be if you just alter one little element. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice effect. Reminds me of the Ebony & Ivory challenge a while back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful effect, Sue - very Zen. It looks incredibly complicated but then you can see and understand the individual lines that make up the whole. Perfect! Axxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great effect! Very neat tangles, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Quite striking and it's hard to stop looking at. I usually love shading, but I can see why you left it off of this one. Very nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice. What a fun idea! It almost looks like you cut two mandalas in quarters and reassembled parts of them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very fun way to do this challenge. Love the strong graphic look of this one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done and a unique approach.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always welcome and most appreciated. Please email me if you want a response sent to you.

I regret that I've had to add the verification again due to a large amount of spam.