Thursday, March 8, 2018

Inspired by Henna and Coco


There are so many patterns that can be found around the world in different cultures. And many of those patterns have found their way into the world of Zentangle. I love how we can incorporate all these things into our artwork. In these tiles I was influenced first by henna designs. Then I saw the animated movie Coco, and I was blown away by the colors and artwork I saw on the screen. I started doing more research on the Mexican artwork that inspired that movie. These tiles are the result of combining those inspirations.




These tiles began on tiles I had previously colored the background with watercolor paints. The line work is done with the Moonlight gelly roll pens from Sakura with a little metallic gel pen added here and there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome and most appreciated. Please email me if you want a response sent to you.

I regret that I've had to add the verification again due to a large amount of spam.