Tuesday, July 30, 2019

OH string with rounding

I saw a post on Facebook that used a continuous, loopy string. Auras were added and then corners were rounded. I don't know exactly who originated it but I decided to take the concept and run with it.

I used one of my colored zendala tiles and a blue micron pen. I used my tangle OH instead of one continuous string. If you look at the picture below you can see the OH was done three times. I added auras and the rounding where it seemed appropriate. That's the stage in the picture below.

It needed more though, so I added a few 'worms' with striping. It still needed more so in came Pokeleaf. Shading with colored pencils and some highlights finished it.

Tuesday, July 2, 2019

tangling on shells with color

Tis the season - to tangle on shells again. I started with just my black pens but then I was asked, "can we add color?" So I experimented with my Inktense pencils and this is what I came up with.

The one on the right is my first attempt. I used my IDentipen. I used the thicker side of the pen as the thinner side didn't show up well on the outer side of the shell. I then colored in with my Inktense pencils. I wet them with water and the color filled in nicely. Occasionally the water bled along the lines of the shell. So I added the lines in the background and - well, most of the lines that bled are hidden now.

The shell on the left was the next one. This time I used my Microperm pen and drew on the inside of the shell. As this side was much smoother, it took the ink better. When I did the color with the inktense pencils I applied the pencil only in small areas. When I wet it with my brush I carried the color into the other areas, thus giving me more of a shaded effect.

These are some of the shells I've done before. They have been on my blog before but I didn't want you to have to hunt to find them.These were done with a Microperm pen. (I think).

Happy summer!