Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Vigne tangle pattern

These are the steps for 'Vigne'. There are a variety of vine patterns out there but I think this is different enough to step out on it's own. (If not PLEASE let me know!) It was inspired by a pattern I saw on a Russian tray but I've changed it up a little. It is shown straight up but it certainly can be done on any curving string. You can see it done in yesterday's tile.

- The first part starts at the bottom of the pattern. Follow the little lines with arrows to see where to go. (click on the picture to enlarge it.)
-Add the three humps (or scallops) on each leaf to connect it to the vine. Turn your paper to whatever angle is comfortable to you.
-Add the linework inside the flowers. Feel free to add your variations.
-Add the small leaves and dots as desired. As you can see in the drawing one, two, or three dots would all be fine .

If you prefer you can also fill in the petals too. (Helpful if your linework in the flower went too far!)

14 comments:

  1. This is wonderful ~ thank you Sue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very nice and much more challenging than it appears :-) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one of those patterns I thoroughly enjoy. Beautiful as illustrated but open to endless, endless variation. Thank you for sharing this, putting it in my pattern book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how graceful and pretty this tangle is, I am going to try it right now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's beautiful! I love it. Great artwork. The flower reminds me of a plaid pattern and of a trellis. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I hadn't realised Vigne was your pattern until I saw it highlighted at the side of your blog while I was looking at your zendala dare entry just now! Vigne has become one of my favourite tangles, so I just wanted to say thank you for inventing it! You're so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is one of my favorite tangle patterns. It flows so easily for me. Thank you for sharing. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful elegance can enhance any design

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely pattern. Just what I was looking for. Not complicated but engrossing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely pattern. Something I have been looking for. Many thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lone this pattern...looks delicate and is easy. Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always welcome and most appreciated. Please email me if you want a response sent to you.

I regret that I've had to add the verification again due to a large amount of spam.