Friday, September 7, 2012

Copada zendala


I was happy doing Copada in color but I wanted to get back to more traditional zentangle in black and white. I found this template from Erin's zendala challenge http://thebrightowl.blogspot.com/ and thought it would work well.

I started out thinking this would be a mono tangle with lots of tangleations for copada. That plan was quickly changed however as the first time I drew Copada I zigged when I meant to zag! You can see that in the outer most ring. Soooo - in true zentangle fashion - there are no mistakes, just an opportunity to create another pattern -  I created something new. I then repeated this new version again inside the zendala so it would really look intentional.

Click on the picture to enlarge it.

Have a good weekend everyone!

10 comments:

  1. Cool, I also had a similar experience this week and "embraced the unexpected." Beautiful work. Love the 3-D look your shading gives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this zendala...it folds in and out with perfect rhythm! The copada is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's lovely! The black stripes at the outer edge really add some zing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful way to embrace and glorify! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! I especially like the dots vs. the blank space near the outer ring. The swirly ones on the outside ring remind me of fingerprints. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. :) I love to read stories about how the artwork/design came about. A beautiful Zendala!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful Zendala. Your copada is so well done and your shading adds so much dimension!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wonderful the way it folds in on itself.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always welcome and most appreciated. Please email me if you want a response sent to you.

I regret that I've had to add the verification again due to a large amount of spam.