Sunday, August 11, 2013

HOOT convention recap



Our booth on the trade floor. Cris Letourneau CZT is on the left. She was signing copies of her book 'Made in the Shade'. (I brought back several copies to Illinois by the way - so check them out in your next class - or call me!). Betsy Queen CZT is in the middle. She had some beautiful tangled and framed pieces for sale. I'm on the right. I was selling tangled jewelry and my hand colored tiles for zentangle inspired art. We also had a wide selection of all the zentangle books, pens, paper and other supplies. It was such fun to see people come in knowing very little about Zentangle and introducing them to the practice. Those that already knew about Zentangle shared their stories about how they were enjoying it. 

I taught two Zentangle classes. One was a basics class that included tangling on a canvas bag. The second class was an intermediate class that included tangling on jewelry. They were both big classes. I'll admit to some nerves on the first night but I got much more relaxed by the second night. I was flattered to hear that so many students enjoyed the classes.

 zentangle tote bag class

tiles from zentangle tote bag class

tiles from zentangle jewelry class

lucky winner of door prize donated by Sakura

We were thrilled that so many people came by our booth on the trade show. Over and over we heard the comment, "This is the newest and most exciting thing in the convention!" We introduced many new people to Zentangle. Since people came from all over the Midwest, I imagine other CZTs (certified zentangle teachers) will be getting some emails!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome and most appreciated. Please email me if you want a response sent to you.

I regret that I've had to add the verification again due to a large amount of spam.