Thursday, October 20, 2016

Fall foilage



It's time for leaf peeping again. Time to hop in the car and head off to the wooded areas where the leaves are turning glorious colors. In my case, that may be simply a trip to a local forest preserve where the colors are equally beautiful.

I did the zendala above on one of my hand colored tiles that was a mottled yellow orange to start. The string is, of course, fall leaves. Tangles were done with a brown micron and shading used colored pencils.


These leaves were done by a group at the Schaumburg Public Library. This class was designed for fans of coloring, and the library provided markers and colored pencils. I taught them a few Zentangle tangles to add to their leaves to create a zentangle inspired artwork. I love all the variations and the variety of colors they used! Click on the image to get it full screen!

9 comments:

  1. I love your "Golden Leaves" :-) Gudrun S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Sue - when I first saw the thumbnail of this, I thought the leaves were real! The shading makes them leap right off the screen. This is a beautiful project and definitely something I'm keen to try! Autumn is one of my favourite times of year with the glorious colours, and your leaves positively glow. I love the textured background too, which really sets them off. What a lovely design.

    Shoshi

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful shining autumntile with nice shadows and gorgeous white accents, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your tile is so dimensional, especially under that maple leaf! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shining leaves for sure! Beautiful!😍

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love your shining golden tile. It is exactly the color I think of when I think of fall. Your tangles are perfect for your subject and the dimension that you have in the piece is amazing. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this autumn leaf tile is more then gorgeous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing work!!! Love the golden shining!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always welcome and most appreciated. Please email me if you want a response sent to you.

I regret that I've had to add the verification again due to a large amount of spam.