Thursday, June 21, 2012

First day of summer - Cadent zendala


It's officially the first day of summer. Of course it feels like it's been summer for a while though as we've had a long streak of days in the 90's and so little rain that the grass is turning brown and crunchy. So as I did this zendala using a pattern from Erin at the http://thebrightowl.blogspot.com/2012/06/zendala-dare-10.html. I decided to start with the hot, hot colors that felt like the weather. And since it was too hot to spent alot of time thinking about tangles, I ended up going back to tangleations for Cadent.

Tombow pens were used following a watercolor technique for the shapes and colored Micron pens were used for the tangles.

11 comments:

  1. Wow, wow, wow... I can feel the heat! This is so summery, hot and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sure does make you think of summer but it is a beautiful bright and glorious summer day! What a perfect study for Erin's challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really pretty. I love those colors and the design is SO perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sue - this is beautiful! and i love the colors! how do you come up with all the ideas? i had the hardest time trying to get a grasp on "tangleation" - hahaha! i love what you drew :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You may be feeling the heat of summer but this is very cool. Beautiful too. I wish I could have such great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice and very hot! Can you sent some warmth to The Neterlands? Then I'll sent you some rain :-)

    Annemarie Huijts

    ReplyDelete
  7. Smoking hot! This tile and the colors are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glorious! (And I don't think I've ever used that word before to describe a Zentangle or Zendala:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your zendala does feel like summer!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I saw this on flickr. It's stunning! Hot and beautiful! Love the summer colors.

    ReplyDelete
  11. sweet summer colors! beautiful! love 'n greetz, Ellen

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always welcome and most appreciated. Please email me if you want a response sent to you.

I regret that I've had to add the verification again due to a large amount of spam.