Monday, April 29, 2013

Tangles from Elena



Today's tile features tangles from Elena Hadzijaneva. Elena is a talented artist from Macedonia. I first spotted her tangle patterns as she posted them on Flickr. She posts there under the name Belatrix29She also has several tangle patterns posted on Tangle patterns.com.

The tangle patterns used in this tile are;

Piza
Tesali
Retro
Inka
Bran
Hypnotic


By the way, you may think that 'Bran' looks familiar. It's in the upper left corner. It has a number of similarities to my tangle 'Plaited'. Elana's steps are finished differently but as I saw the similarities as I was doing it, I just had to see what the the finished product would look like if I put my finishing steps into her starting steps.



This is part of my continuing challenge to myself to use tangles by different artists (that have created multiple tangles) and to use them together in a single tile.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome and most appreciated. Please email me if you want a response sent to you.

I regret that I've had to add the verification again due to a large amount of spam.