Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Visions of Sugarplums


I love Christmas! So there is lots of Christmas imagery sneaking into my tiles at this time of year. It's not pure Zentangle because it's way too representational (it looks like something). And of course my use of color veers away from pure Zentangle too. But it's fun!

I used a pink hand colored tile and a purple pen. I highlighted with both a zenstone and a white colored pencil. Shading was added with two shades of pink and purple colored pencils.

12 comments:

  1. It does make one feel the magic of Christmas. Zentangle is the tree, and you have sprouted branches to add a bit more of an artistic flare.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking at your beautiful tile is putting me in the mood for Christmas !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's quite different from your 'normal' style. Very beautiful and a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful tile Sue, Love youre special use of color.
    Merry Christmas to you !

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love ribbon candy! I hadn't thought of that in years. Your tile made me smile :) Merry Christmas, Sue!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the color and the shading on this one and those visions of "sugarplums" are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very happy and festive tile! Merry Christmas to you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I understand your comments about looking like something - my struggle as well. Love it for what it is - it's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perfect to bring to mind those visions! I love how I can always tell just from a glance that a tile is yours. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dreamy tile!!! Makes me think of all the candy and sweets I had as a kid. Happy Holidays to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always welcome and most appreciated. Please email me if you want a response sent to you.

I regret that I've had to add the verification again due to a large amount of spam.