Thursday, June 22, 2017

Twisted rope two ways



Twisted rope is the name that was given to this string. It's a string that is fairly simple but I love what you can do with it. And there are several variations too. You can see the basic string at Margaret Bremer's blog by clicking here. 

Here I used it twice. Once in a traditional black and white and then again with color. The colored one was done using Derwent Intense colored pencils with a watercolor technique. I did the color first so I could focus on the highlights. Then I added the tangles with penwork, purposely skipping the highlight area to add some sparkles.

2 comments:

  1. Both tiles are beautiful. I appreciate your tips and this tip about colouring first and then skipping the highlights is a great tip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful! I use this string a lot because I love how it shades. Your colored version is awesome;-)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always welcome and most appreciated. Please email me if you want a response sent to you.

I regret that I've had to add the verification again due to a large amount of spam.