Thursday, November 2, 2017

Fall and Hollitwig tangleation


Fall is truly here in Illinois. The weather has definitely turned colder and leaves have changed into the glorious colors of autumn. I love playing with color so for this Zendala tile I started with one of my precolored Zendala tiles. I tangled using a sepia Micron, and added colored pencils in several shades. I came up with a new (to me) tangleation of the Hollibaugh tangle. The step outs are below.


This picture shows the early stages. While this isn't the exact tile I used, it does show a similar colored tile. On the note pad you can see how I played with the Flux/leaf shape that I wanted to use for my border.



Hollitwig takes the basic steps from the Hollibaugh tangle and tweaks them a bit. To draw Hollitwig imagine you are doing an outline of the letter 'Y'. Do not use a ruler or even worry about straight lines, it's better when you just go for it. Draw as many outlined 'Y' shapes as you wish - each time drawing the new one 'behind' the ones in front. As your space fills up you may want to add a few basic double lines as needed. (see picture). Shade as desired.




There are many tangleations you can do and pictured are just a few. Draw Hollitwig with very shakey lines, Draw it thicker than before and try out different shading techniques, or fill in the negative space with other tangles.



3 comments:

  1. I love your Autumn Zendala and your new pattern is great! Thanks so much for sharing 😍

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that zendala and I will surely use your Hollitwig. Thanks Sue, for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Autumn Zendala tile. The colors are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always welcome and most appreciated. Please email me if you want a response sent to you.

I regret that I've had to add the verification again due to a large amount of spam.