Friday, December 7, 2012

Quick ZIA gift tags


These gift tags are quick, quick, quick! And all the family and friends will be so impressed.

Start out with white card stock. -Or use any other heavyweight paper. Cut it out into round or oval shapes. I have a large paper punch that I got at my local craft store so I got this part done in a flash. Place a ruler on an angle and draw lines on either side of the ruler with a Sakura Gold Gelly Roll pen. Now I know rulers are not usually used in zentangle but this is a QUICK project so I don't want you to stress - just get it done! Do a second line just to the side of the one you just did. If you want to make it look more handmade do this second line freehand.

Now do ONE tangle inside the lines. Draw it as big as you want so you can add lots of embellishments (tangleations). As long as you are just doing one tangle I promise it will go quickly. Punch a little hole at the top and tie it to your package with ribbon. Don't be surprised if your guests add them to their tree later!

You can do these on other colors of paper - red, green, or light blue - If the gold doesn't show well, switch to a white gelly roll pen. The only thing I should warn you about is that the gelly roll pens don't dry quite as quickly as the Micron Pigma pens, so be sure to keep your hands off the paper as you are working.

In the photo it looks like they are different colors but I promise you they are all done with the same pen - it's just that metallic gold is hard to photograph. I forgot to take the picture when I had them done so I had to tip all the gift bags on their side so I could get the picture.

2 comments:

Your comments are always welcome and most appreciated. Please email me if you want a response sent to you.

I regret that I've had to add the verification again due to a large amount of spam.