Saturday, September 7, 2013

Beamz


I'm trying out the tangle 'Beamz' for the diva challenge this week. I wasn't sure how I wanted to approach this at first and then, in the middle of the night, I came up with the idea of putting one inside of another, inside of another, inside of another, etc. I tried it out using a Identipen on the biggest tangle first, then the finer tip, then moving to a 08 Micron pen, then moving to a 02 pen. At first I thought, 'Meh', it was just so-so, but then I shaded it, and I was much happier. 


I thought I would try another one too. I started in the middle of a black circle tile with a white gelly roll pen and worked my way out. I tried to do it regularly but it ended up a little more random. I was thinking about the name 'beamz' and how it sortof reminded me of flashlight beams, so I added a few 'flares' with my soapstone. It's not what I had in my mind when I started, but it's interesting. And in Zentangle we embrace the unintended results! I'll try this tangle out on some other tiles in the future!

6 comments:

  1. Both are lovely! The first one is my favorite. Great variation of Beamz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I like your first one, I am so amazed at how everyone is translating this pattern. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great, I love the first idea, it really works great with this tangle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both have unique qualities but I think I like the first just because it is so different from other things that I have seen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Indeed, less is more!! A great idea to put them into eachother. White on black is also beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always welcome and most appreciated. Please email me if you want a response sent to you.

I regret that I've had to add the verification again due to a large amount of spam.