Thursday, September 12, 2013

'well'


The new tangle pattern 'well' came out last week in the zentangle newsletter. It's a simple enough looking pattern but it takes a little increased focus to get it right. All in all, that's MY kind of tangle! 

I played around with it for a little while on a piece of paper by my bedside and as I was doing it, I came up with this tangleation. I like to do my first explorations of a new tangle pattern as a monotangle. It features just it's properties. My tangleation added extra lines inside. I basically just followed the lines of the fan shape. I left a few of the fan shapes blank intentionally so you could really see how I was inspired.

The tangles were done with a pink 05 Sakura Micron Pigma pen and the shading with a colored pencil.

7 comments:

  1. Great zendala! I like how some are blank.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful. I love the curved lines of your grid :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great, really great. I love the open spots i it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes, beautiful Well. How clever of you to not to draw leaves and to keep one wave white. I love it; very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes it's the negative space! What a great illustration of this! Beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your interpretation of Well. It turned out so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always welcome and most appreciated. Please email me if you want a response sent to you.

I regret that I've had to add the verification again due to a large amount of spam.