Monday, September 16, 2013

Alphabet Soup - I


The Alphabet Soup challenge is one I issued to myself. The goal is to try to use tangle patterns that are not official patterns, but to use only the ones that start with a certain letter of the alphabet. I realized as I looked through my collection of tangles that this was a project that could certainly be done!!!

This tile 'I' features the following tangles;

Iffy - Lizzy Mayne
Ionic border - Margaret Bremner
In a pod - Carole Ohl
Istanbul - Elaine Benefatto


Anyone is welcome to join me in this challenge. Post it wherever you like - I don't have a linky machine. If you don't have a blog or Facebook page just email me a picture and I'll post it here.

7 comments:

  1. Where do you find unoffical patterns?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi AllyKate, I surf the web and find new patterns in a variety of places. Other peoples blogs are often where they are posted and they are usually collected weekly by Genevieve Crabbe on her site http://www.amarylliscreations.com/zentangleharmony/. I also look at Flickr on the freehand patterns page http://www.flickr.com/groups/freehandpatterns/, and of course, visit Tanglepatterns.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cool idea. There are certainly enough unofficial tangles out there. This also gives me an idea: make enough tiles to spell your name. Tiles could be displayed together or the art done on a single piece of paper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice! I struggled to find "I" tangles... but I had 5 I really liked!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so beautiful, Sue. Your shading on Istanbul is dynamic. I'm going to have to try that tangle!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do like this, Sue - I am guessing the one on the left is 'Istanbul' - which is one I am very drawn to. I shall go and check it out. Axx

    ReplyDelete
  7. very pretty and gorgeous shading Sue :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always welcome and most appreciated. Please email me if you want a response sent to you.

I regret that I've had to add the verification again due to a large amount of spam.