Wednesday, September 18, 2013

color, Color, COLOR!


Color, COLOR! I love using color in my zentangle inspired artwork. So much so that when the diva asked us to use color in her challenge this week I couldn't decide because there are so many ways I love to use color. Ultimately I decided to combine the latest zendala dare here too. This is Erin's, from The Bright Owl, dare #73. This zendala template just cried out for color to me. I used my Tombow markers like watercolor paint to achieve the soft gradations and then added tangles with a pink Sakura Micron pen. I also decided to let my tangles be simple so the color could shine through.

As I was working on this I also played with my full sheets that I hand color and then cut down to size. This is a sneak peek of the one I just did. I'm not sure yet if I will cut it into 3 1/2" tiles, zendala tiles, or larger pieces for ZIAs. Keep checking this blog for updates!


This sheet measures 22" x 30". I placed my zendala tile pictured above on the sheet so you can see the relative size.

14 comments:

  1. Love the color and the dimension you created.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful zendala. Great colors and excellent shading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, I also love the way your handcolored paper turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful tile, and such fun to see your large piece with the color.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sue, you have a great way of always making your color so delicate and lovely. Love this zendala!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Zippee! dee doo dah!
    Great idea to put the zendala tile against a standard paper size. Sometimes it's hard to believe we've put that much into a 4.5" diameter circle!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You always excel in colored works of gentle and elegant beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful. Love the graduated colour.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Like the simplicity of your tangles and the graduated color. Great way to address both challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it! Especially the ombre look you've got going on and I am all into Pink today as I just got back from a baby shower for a little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always welcome and most appreciated. Please email me if you want a response sent to you.

I regret that I've had to add the verification again due to a large amount of spam.