Friday, February 14, 2014

Valentangle



Happy Valentines Day!

I've done several tiles and Zendalas with hearts lately so when the Diva challenged us to do another one, I really had to think about what I wanted to do. I hadn't done an actual card though so that's where I started. I wanted to add just a touch of color so I hit upon the idea of cutting a heart shape out of the card front and then tangling a heart on the interior or the card. I am pretty happy with the way the card turned out though so I don't know if that was necessary in the long run.

I had fun looking for tangles that would work with the heart theme. Helen Williams at 'a little lime' has some great tangles. When I was almost done and ready to put my background tangle in I came up with one more idea. I started doing Florz but then I added tiny hearts at the base in the diamonds.



I put this picture in so you can clearly see the cutout and tangling inside.

9 comments:

  1. Very very very nice! Your little hearts-on-the-Florz is a great idea. And I love your Copada :) and the sort of round-y version of if on the left and bottom. And more little hearts in unexpected places. Lucky recipient of this card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, cool! I thought it was fab before I saw the window. Lovely work. NancyD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really lovely, Sue - I like the hearts on Florz. Axx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like the cut out and the touch of color. Like how you varied the border also.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, Sue. The little window is an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great idea to make the card like this. It's really very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a beautiful way to display that special heart Sue! A really lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing !
    I love how you made this card, it;s beautiful ! ! !

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun thing to do with the cut out. Surprises inside and out!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always welcome and most appreciated. Please email me if you want a response sent to you.

I regret that I've had to add the verification again due to a large amount of spam.