Friday, May 25, 2012

Sunday morning suns


This week I've been busy working on a project for an upcoming book. For obvious reasons I can't post pictures on my blog. Not yet anyway! So instead I thought I'd post something that inspires me. On the TV show Sunday Morning on CBS the various segments often end with some sort of picture of a sun. I enjoy the show but I'm not always awake when it starts so I always tape it. That gives me the opportunity to freeze the frame and take a screen shot. Literally! I stand in front of the TV with my camera and 'click'. So some of these pictures aren't the best - some of them have odd reflections - but hopefully you can see what inspires me.

I wish I knew who the artists are so I could give them proper credit. I've hunted through the CBS show website but unfortunately they don't provide that info either. So to these artists, whoever you are,  I say thank you.




 Laurie Kane  www.kanegallery.wordpress.com (Colors, Lines and Tales.) 





7 comments:

  1. yes I like these too.never thought of a freeze frame photo! lol. have fun in the sun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that show too! Thanks for sharing all of the beautiful sun shots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun! Can you tell us anything about the book? subject???

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been watching CBS Sunday Morning for years, probably decades. I am always amazed at the cool suns!... Waitaminnit! Upcoming book???

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the book project! How exciting! Cool suns. My fav is the 3rd down. All that color is glorious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My name is Laurie Kane and I am the artist of the yellow and orange Sun. (4th one down.) The medium is watercolor on Fabriano Uno soft press paper. It was featured on the Sunday Morning show after a piece on Annie Lennox and also after a piece on Hugh Hefner. More of my work can be viewed at: www.kanegallery.wordpress.com (Colors, Lines and Tales.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Laurie, I have enjoyed seeing all the suns and I'm glad I can now give proper credit to one of the artists.

      Delete

Your comments are always welcome and most appreciated. Please email me if you want a response sent to you.

I regret that I've had to add the verification again due to a large amount of spam.