Friday, March 28, 2014

Spirals


Spirals - That's the challenge from the Diva this week. I always include a basic, classic spiral in my string ideas in my classes so I wanted to come up with something a little different. So I put 'spiral' 'images' as a search term in my computer and came up with all sorts of new ideas. I based this tile off of one of those inspirations. It uses some basic Striping with Sparkles and Japan Diamond.

It's done on one of my hand colored tiles with a blue Micron pen and then shaded with colored pencils.

10 comments:

  1. It's wonderful, Sue - real sense of dimension and your blue colouring is very calming. Amazing sparkles! Axxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the color and the way that the spiral draws you in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun swirls of spirals, Sue!! ~ Diane Clancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful! What a shining, luminous blue! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is great. You could reinvent this at Christmas with the Diamonds as snowflakes and the spirals as candy canes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, Sue and I like the depth in it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it, Sue. The blue is lovely, and the spiral is beautifully done. Really draws you in.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really like your blue tiles. Great perspective. Hope you all have a great time this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely gorgeous! Wonderful depth! I love the blue colour!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always welcome and most appreciated. Please email me if you want a response sent to you.

I regret that I've had to add the verification again due to a large amount of spam.